Read to Achieve
- Provide support to ensure all students acquire the foundational literacy skills necessary to read, comprehend, integrate, and apply complex texts necessary for college and career success.
- Improve student achievement and outcomes in early literacy through supporting evidence-based, high-quality literacy instruction aligned to the science of reading.
Guiding Principles of Support:
- Implementation of evidence-based instructional strategies to improve early literacy outcomes among students
- Guidance on components essential to early learning success: phonological and phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension
- Educator preparation in effective literacy instruction
- Professional development in systematic, explicit, evidence-based early literacy instruction aligned to the science of reading
For more information, click DPI logo above.